Friday, January 29, 2010

Even though I walk through the fires of hell I will not be afraid...

Psalms 23:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not be afraid for thou art with me..."


When I wander through this life
I will not be afraid
Because your light will make my path straight
You shine in my deepest darkest valley's
You are like the the stars that brighten the night sky

When I stumble and I fail to get back up
I know your strength will raise me up again
Because my faith may be weak
But you O'God are the lifter of my head

When the storm shall rise above the crashing sea
I will not look away from thy face
Because through the smallest amount of faith
I will walk on waters
And I will not drown because I trust you to catch
me if I shall fall

And where the fires of hell I shall tread
I will not go through it all alone
Because you O'God are with me
And if my heart shall falter
And I shall go astray
I know your love will lead me back to you

And if my heart shall break
Lord Jesus you will make me whole again
If I shall die fighting in battle
You my healer will raise me back from the dead

But I will walk through hell if you want me too
Because in the end I know you'll see me through
I will not complain nor curse thy name
'cause through these fires I will sing for joy
'Cause even though the fires of hell shall drag me down to the ashes
I will not be afraid as long as I am with you

No comments:

Post a Comment